Search FQXi

If you have an idea for a blog post or a new forum thread, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org, with a summary of the topic and its source (e.g., an academic paper, conference talk, external blog post or news item).
Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the blogger are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

atomiton1: on 2/10/09 at 3:49am UTC, wrote Life might very well be on the moon. In order for there to be life on the...

William Orem: on 8/18/08 at 18:03pm UTC, wrote Fascinating late-summer reading for FQXi-fans can be found here, in a Time...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

John Merryman: "Tom, "we count complete cycles of oscillation" Isn't the measure of an..." in Your Invitation to FQXi's...

Thomas Ray: "Rats. I wish we could check these links before posting. ..." in Why Quantum?

Thomas Ray: ""I AM NOT DENYING THE VALIDITY OF SPACETIME!!!!!! I am saying that it..." in Why Quantum?

Thomas Ray: ""Yet aren't we looking for the measurement, not what is being measured? As..." in Your Invitation to FQXi's...

dieu le: "Hi Steve, The scientists at the University of New South Wales in Sydney,..." in Alternative Models of...

Thomas Ray: "It does not follow that because quantum theory needs tweaking that..." in The Quantum Truth Seeker

Akinbo Ojo: "If seeking the truth is the purpose of this FQXi $160,000 grant, why not..." in The Quantum Truth Seeker

Peter Jackson: "Vladimir, Agreed. Maths is secondary. My classical dynamics and empirical..." in Dust Settling on the...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

The Quantum Truth Seeker
Watching particles fly through an interferometer might help to unveil higher-order weirdness behind quantum theory.

Quantifying Occam
Is the simplest answer always the best? Connecting Medieval monks to computational complexity, using the branch of mathematics known as category theory.

Heart of Darkness
An intrepid physicist attempts to climb into the core of black hole.

Why Quantum?
Entropy could explain why nature chose to play by quantum rules.

Reality's NeverEnding Story
A quantum version of Darwinian natural selection could enable the universe to write itself into being.

FQXi BLOGS
September 24, 2014

CATEGORY: Blog [back]
TOPIC: Is the Moon Alive? [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Blogger William Orem wrote on Aug. 18, 2008 @ 18:03 GMT

Fascinating late-summer reading for FQXi-fans can be found here, in a Time magazine article from December . . . 1967. The article outlines the various precautions that our boys in the Apollo space program would be taking against inadvertently bringing moonlings back to Earth – that is, against accidentally transporting indigenous lunar bacteria home.

Most folks I talk to are...

view entire post

this post has been edited by the author since its original submission

report post as inappropriate

atomiton1 wrote on Feb. 10, 2009 @ 03:49 GMT
Life might very well be on the moon. In order for there to be life on the moon, there would have to be Oxygen, Hydrogen, and carbon. Life although would last only a few hours. It would be highly radioactive, and very basic. So Im guessing that the very worst that could possibly happen would be a strong and contageos cancer. Have a question. email at atomiton1@yahoo.com

report post as inappropriate

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.