Search FQXi

If you have an idea for a blog post or a new forum thread, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org, with a summary of the topic and its source (e.g., an academic paper, conference talk, external blog post or news item).
Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the blogger are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Hasanuddin: on 6/11/09 at 18:25pm UTC, wrote For the most part this was a pretty standard representation of standard...

atomiton1: on 2/2/09 at 3:15am UTC, wrote I thought about it, and I found out why he might think like that. When...

atomiton1: on 2/1/09 at 3:42am UTC, wrote 1- in order for his theory to be true. Matter would have to have been there...

atomiton1: on 2/1/09 at 0:22am UTC, wrote What kind of idiot would think that their is more than one universe. And...

Eric S.: on 1/10/09 at 3:56am UTC, wrote "given that baryon symmetry evidently can break, as ours did, aren’t the...

William Orem: on 10/10/08 at 18:57pm UTC, wrote Congratulations all around this week to Yoichiro Nambu, Makoto Kobayashi...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Jonathan Dickau: "In a kind of fun aside... It's likely I walked right past the lab of..." in Pilot Wave Hydrodynamics

Jonathan Dickau: "Of course the form is emergent... And there are lots of 'Mandelbrot Sets'..." in Pilot Wave Hydrodynamics

John Merryman: "Zeeya, Thanks. This topic may start off slowly, but I suspect it will..." in Why Quantum?

John Merryman: "Peter, I agree the actual physics is still much deeper. Obviously much of..." in Why Quantum?

Eckard Blumschein: "Lorraine, I agree on that it is not just necessary to overcome doctrines..." in Your Invitation to FQXi's...

Georgina Parry: "Anonymous you wrote "Why does yet another description of the arrow of time..." in Your Invitation to FQXi's...

Stefan Weckbach: ""Am I missing something there?" One should be able to falsify a theory by..." in The Quantum Pet Store:...

Peter Jackson: "Akinbo, Stefan, Stefan's correct, there is only ever ONE flash. However..." in The Quantum Pet Store:...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Quantifying Occam
Is the simplest answer always the best? Connecting Medieval monks to computational complexity, using the branch of mathematics known as category theory.

Heart of Darkness
An intrepid physicist attempts to climb into the core of black hole.

Why Quantum?
Entropy could explain why nature chose to play by quantum rules.

Reality's NeverEnding Story
A quantum version of Darwinian natural selection could enable the universe to write itself into being.

The Quantum Dictionary
Mark Van Raamsdonk is re-writing how we define the shape of our universe. Can such translations help to unite quantum theory and gravity?

FQXi BLOGS
September 16, 2014

CATEGORY: Blog [back]
TOPIC: Antimatter Universe [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Blogger William Orem wrote on Oct. 10, 2008 @ 18:57 GMT

Congratulations all around this week to Yoichiro Nambu, Makoto Kobayashi and Toshihide Maskawa, who share in the Nobel Prize for their paradigm-shattering work into such foundational issues as QCD, strings, and the question of why anything exists.

That last one is a blunt way of describing the way theoretical physics comes at the mysterious imbalance between...

view entire post

this post has been edited by the author since its original submission

report post as inappropriate

Eric S. wrote on Jan. 10, 2009 @ 03:56 GMT
"given that baryon symmetry evidently can break, as ours did, aren’t the chances of a perfectly symmetrical outcome vanishingly small, given the design space of possible universes?" -- Well said, and I'd never thought of it this way before. I wonder if there are other elements of the anthropic "fine tuning" argument that are susceptible to the same kind of treatment?

I haven't read Dan Brown's novel, but the notion that god is the most efficient explosion possible seems rather refreshing.

atomiton1 wrote on Feb. 1, 2009 @ 00:22 GMT
What kind of idiot would think that their is more than one universe. And which idiot said there's such a thing as anti matter. I can tell you right now that there are no such things as protons and newtrons (I can prove it). Although electrons and positrons do exist. Heck I can even tell you that the modern model of the atom is false. I'll give you a few problems for his theory (on next blog).

atomiton1 wrote on Feb. 1, 2009 @ 03:42 GMT
1- in order for his theory to be true. Matter would have to have been there before the creation of the universe.2- it explains no accurate details about space phenomilies such as black holes, gravity, and such.3-almost all matter has the same properties small/big. Almost all as in, there are different types of atoms, and it really doesn't get any smaller that, unless you count the matter by itself.To ask question email at: atomiton1@yahoo.com

atomiton1 wrote on Feb. 2, 2009 @ 03:15 GMT
I thought about it, and I found out why he might think like that. When gamma rays hits an atom the atom speeds up to point where it expands. No matter would be created though.

Hasanuddin wrote on Jun. 11, 2009 @ 18:25 GMT
For the most part this was a pretty standard representation of standard theory. The problem was that there was only one possible route discribed. However, at the same time, in the author's musings, aspects of the scappy modern Dominium lens were alluded to. For instance, the author mused about, "antimatter creatures living in an antimatter universe ... Cosmic rays from anti-supernovae colliding with our anti-atmosphere would spit out bits of actual matter, short-lived protons and alpha particles and whatnot."

The author's musing is very close to the Dominium's actual conclusions of antimatter galaxies, not universe, while we happen to live in a matter-based one.

The new model is compatible with all established data and/or observation. Come see the new model as it is unfolded at http://hypography.com/forums/alternative-theories/18910-the-
dominium-model-by-hasanuddin.html

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.